Reopening Guidelines (Working Copy)
We are excited about opening up public worship again. We will however, continue to follow the government's rules and recommendations. That means church will be a little different until it is safe to do otherwise. We will be practicing social distancing at church to protect those in our community who are most vulnerable to Covid-19. If anyone does not feel at peace about returning to worship, we understand. We do not want to pressure anyone in our community to come back to church – online services will continue to be available (see below). In addition to showing love and respect to those in our church family we also want to show love by being considerate to those in our community by exercising caution. If you or someone in your household is not feeling well or has had a fever within the last 72 hours please be considerate to others and worship at home.
- Stating [DATE] we will reopen for Sunday Morning Services at 9AM and 11AM. These services will be limited to [# of People] and EVERYONE is encouraged to register for the service they wish to attend. We hope to have overflow seating for both services in the lounge, we will need to limit seating to maintain social distancing.
- Seating will be spread-out and limited at this time. Families are encouraged to sit together and everyone will be asked to practice social distancing in the pews (at least 6 feet apart).
- We will have greeters to help direct you to your seats, provide sanitary assistance when needed and greet everyone who walks in our doors.
- There will be NO nursery or CrossStreet Services for kids. At this time children are encouraged to sit with their families.
- Those 65 and older, those with underlying health conditions, and caretakers are NOT encouraged to attend the in-person services at this time.
- We will suspend the coffee and treat sharing at this time and will encourage people to head right into the sanctuary. As we socialize, remember the world is watching. Please maintain social distancing guidelines just as you would in any public place.
- We are asking people to wear masks (and masks will be available to those that don’t have them).
- We will not be passing the offering plate, a box for giving will be available in the back of the sanctuary.
- Volunteers are working to sanitize the building to the best of our ability. The sanctuary, bathrooms, and common areas will be sanitized between services.
- We will dismiss people by rows after the service to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- We will continue to offer the service online and you can livestream the 9AM service.