We are excited about opening up to public worship again! We will, however, continue to follow the government's rules and recommendations. That means church will be a little different until it is safe to do otherwise. We will be practicing social distancing at church to protect those in our community who are most vulnerable to Covid-19. If anyone does not feel at peace about returning to worship, we understand. We do not want to pressure anyone in our community to come back to church – online services will continue to be available. In addition to showing love and respect to those in our church family, we also want to show love by being considerate to those in our community by exercising caution. If you or someone in your household is not feeling well or has had a fever within the last 72 hours, please be considerate to others and worship at home.
For now, here is what Sunday morning will look like:
- Starting August 9th, we will reopen for Sunday Morning Services at 9AM and 11AM. These services will be limited to 50 people, and EVERYONE is encouraged to register for the service they wish to attend. We will work toward having overflow seating for both services in the lounge as we will need to limit seating to maintain social distancing and obey the governor's rules.
- Seating will be spread-out and limited at this time. Families are encouraged to sit together and everyone will be asked to practice social distancing in the pews (at least 6 feet apart). Two services at 50 each does not get everyone to church on a given Sunday. We anticipate that some will continue to choose to worship from home AND we may need to rotate people in and out on Sunday morning. That means you may register for the 9AM service but may only be scheduled 3 out of 4 Sundays as we rotate people in and out.
- We will NEED: (1) Greeters to help direct people to their seats, provide sanitary assistance when needed, and greet everyone who walks in our doors. (2) Monitors to watch the doors and restrooms (current venue regulations allow one person in the restrooms at a time. (3) Cleaning Crews to sanitize the building between services. If you wish to volunteer to help with one of these jobs during your service time, please let pastor Dave know.
- There will be NO nursery or CrossStreet Services for kids. At this time, children are encouraged to sit with their families. Please keep in mind the governor's orders require masks for everyone 5 and older.
- Those 65 and older, those with underlying health conditions, and caretakers are encouraged to use caution in attending the in-person services at this time.
- We will suspend the coffee and treat sharing at this time and will encourage people to head right into the sanctuary. As we socialize, remember the world is watching. Please maintain social distancing guidelines just as you would in any public place.
- We are requiring everyone to wear masks for the entire service (and masks will be available to those that don't have them).
- We will not be passing the offering plate. A box for giving will be available in the back of the sanctuary. You are also welcome to continue giving online.
- Volunteers are working to sanitize the building to the best of our ability. The sanctuary, bathrooms, and common areas will be sanitized between services.
- We will dismiss people by rows after the service to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- We will continue to offer the service online and you can watch the live stream of the 9AM service.
At this time, you can begin to register for the 9AM or 11AM service by calling the church office at 503 648-0525 or emailing pastor Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you call and no one is available to answer the phone, please leave a message. Pastor Dave will do his best to accommodate everyone and make sure we follow all state and federal mandates for meeting together. We will try to leave openings in each service for those who may stop by or for friends you may invite. As we come back together, let's remember the church is not a building but a people. The church (as a group of people) are called to be fruitful and multiply – so let's rejoice in meeting together, but let's make that our encouragement to make disciples of all nations starting right here!
Looking forward to seeing you!